DISCOVER THE CAVE OF THE WIND
Cueva del Viento is a volcanic cavity located in the district of Icod de los Vinos which bears the same name. It was formed 27,000 years ago in basaltic lavas from the first eruptive phase of the Pico Viejo volcano, next to Mount Teide (Tenerife, Canary Islands).
The fifth largest volcanic tube in the world and the largest in UE
The fifth largest volcanic tube in the world and the largest in Europe
This lava tube, the name of which (“Cave of the Wind”) comes from the powerful draughts that flow through it, is the fifth longest in the world (18 kilometres mapped to date), behind the four that are found on the largest island of the Hawaii archipelago (United States). It is a huge labyrinthine network of underground passages, with many unexplored branches that will undoubtedly add to its overall length in the future.
prices and hours
- Adults: 20€
- Canary Islands residents (must have ID): 10€
- Children (5-12 years old): 8,5€
- Children residents (5-12 years old): 5€
- (Children under 5 years old can not participate)
- As from January 1st, 2017 you can only pay by card, no cash payment will be accepted.
- Visitors Centre:
- Open every day from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Cueva del Viento:
- The visits are guided (schedules available on the reservation page)
- TICKETS MUST BE BOUGHT IN ADVANCE ON LINE